Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Melt-in-Your-Mouth Mexican Meat Dish

For Whitney...

4-lb chuck roast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 Tsbp oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp, chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/4 c diced green chili peppers
3/4 c hot pepper sauce
water

1. Season roast with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides in oil in skillet. Place in slow cooker.
2. Mix together remaining ingredients, except water, and spoon over meat. Pour in water down along the side of the cooker (so as not to wash off the topping) until roast is one-third covered.
3. Cover. Cook on high 6 hours. Reduce to low 2-4 hours, until meat falls apart.
4. Thicken sauce with flour if you'd like.
5. This highly seasoned meat is perfect for shredded beef Mexican tacos, burritos etc.

I completely skip step #1 as I don't think it makes any difference. I also don't use that much green peppers...I just buy a small can of them.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That sounds yummy!! I may have to try that!

Whitney said...

Yippee! I can't wait to make this. Thanks!