Kevin has been wanting to get back into rock climbing ever since he found out there is a guy in the ward that does it and also because he wants to get back into shape. He somehow managed to convince me that I should learn how to do it because that way he can drag me along with him to belay him whenever he feels like going.
Emily decided that she wants to learn how to do it also so we bought her a harness to get her going with it. Tyler and Owen didn't want to try, but we'll get them up there eventually.
She does just fine and is pretty good, but she gets scared of being up so high and wants to stop. I think once she gets used to it and learns that she isn't going anywhere she'll be just fine.
I also need to learn to get used to being up high and trusting that if I fall I'm not really going to go anywhere. It's really kind of scary getting all the way to the top of the wall. I certainly have no aspirations of ever trying things as hard as Kevin used to do, but it was fun and could be some good exercise. My arms are still killing me.
I tried to take a picture of Kevin, but didn't get a great one, as I was also belaying him. Belaying is the person that stands at the bottom and holds onto your rope so you don't fall. Kevin is belaying Emily in one of the pictures above. Me and Emily were both just doing the really easy wall they have there where everything is nice and big to stand and hold on to. I guess eventually I'll have to try harder things, but I need to get quite a bit stronger first I think.
Can't leave you without a picture of the boys even though they didn't climb. They did a pretty good job of being good and watching while we were there. We kept trying to get them to climb, but they aren't ready yet. Like I said...they'll get there and they'll be on the wall eventually too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
WOW, looks like fun! Thanks for the pics!
I love your kids! I think climbing is a good idea! I can't wait to do more things like that come April...or so!
Post a Comment