On Tuesday I think it was, we had a note posted on our door asking Emily to give a talk in Primary. I don't know if that is how they always assign the talks or if it was just because last week was General Conference, but I'm hoping it was because of Conference. It seems like kind of a strange way to assign them. Anyhow, it was Emily's very first Primary talk, and I of course forgot about it until right before we left for church. So I quickly found an article on the wonderful church website and printed it out. I then spent sacrament meeting turning it into a short little primary talk, aren't I horrible?
Emily is a very outgoing little girl, but just like her dad seems to get very shy when she realizes that people are staring at her. I was worried the talk wouldn't go over well because of this and also because she didn't really understand what was going on and hadn't been able to practice at all. She did a wonderful job. She was a little quiet, which to me is a shocker, but she repeated the best she could what I whispered in her ear. Though when I tried to get her to say Elder Uchtdorf, she just giggled. Overall, I think her first Primary talk was a success. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Way to go Emily. The first one is always the toughest. I remember dad writing many a primary talk during sacrament meeting :-).
Aren't kids so cute when they do things like that in Primary? It was so fun to see Brayden do his little talk in the Primary program a few months ago...it made me tear up a little, but I'm a total cry baby when it comes to things like that. Primary kids are cute...especially from a distance, but since I'm in primary every week, I wanna pull my hair out most of the time!
Post a Comment