Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Kevin! (yesterday)

Yesterday Kevin turned 30! We didn't do anything spectacular. We had some friend's over for dinner and cake on Sunday night. I didn't even think to take pictures. Oops.

Last night we didn't really do anything. Kevin stopped at the Saturn dealership after work to see if they could tell us what was wrong with our junker. They decided that it is the catalytic converter, which is $900!!! The test took a while so Kevin chatted away with the service guys there about how this car has been a piece of junk and we've had to replace major parts of it that shouldn't have broken so soon etc. They proceeded to tell us that all of these models are like that because instead of being an American car like we thought, it was actually made by Satun's sister company, some German automaker. That also explains why everything has been so expensive to fix. We can't wait to get rid of this thing before we have to put any more money into it. Luckily though, all of Kevin's complaining (in a nice way) led the service guys to convince the manager to fix it for free. :D :D Happy day...we don't have to pay the $900 to fix it!!

After Kevin got home we had dinner and more ice cream cake. Then just spent the night relaxing at home with the kids. Kevin never wants anything for his birthday because he pretty much gets the things he wants whenever he wants them...so we decided to buy him canning stuff for his birthday, as we are going to be needing it very shortly. Our garden is about to explode with food. We bought a pressure canner, that also works as a water bath canner. I bought jars, though I think we'll need a ton more. I'll be trying the stuff out in the next few days, as we have an apricot tree that is just exploding right now with apricots. We are going to be making jam with them. Wish us luck, because we have no clue what we are doing.

So Happy Birthday Kevin. I love you tons and you are a great dad to our kids. I really am grateful for all your hard work to provide for our family. We will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary next week and the time has just flown by. :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy birthday to Kevin!!!

Those are some amazing skills he has to be able to get your car fixed for free! That is just awesome!!!

Marisa said...

canning?????? Jam's not so hard (not that I've ever done it) just plan on a lot of sugar and pectin, that's what I've always heard.

Yippee on the car. Good luck with the house plan :-).

lincolnHabels said...

Happy birthday to Kevin! Great job on getting the car fixed for free. That's the best price. Enjoy canning!