Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kid Update



The speech therapist and child development ladies came today. Tyler had a good time. He was a little shy, but I'm sure that will change once he sees them a few more times. He did have fun playing the games with the lady. They were very impressed with how smart he is. He comprehends at the level of a 3 year 3 month old, but only communicates at the level of a 2 year 2 month old...according to their tests. So he is qualified for the program to help him get his speaking better. :) We have an appointment scheduled for all our paperwork and then we'll begin with the actual sessions. I'm looking forward to it. Tyler was even a little sad when the ladies left.


Owen continues to learn new things. He can now go from crawling to sitting and back from sitting to crawling. He seems to be learning so fast. He just loves crawling all over the house and finding things to play with. He's pretty independent and doesn't need me hanging out with him every second of the day, which is very nice. Our house is pretty much baby-proof so he's allowed to go wherever he wants and he loves it.


Here is the picture of Emily's name as I promised a while back. She absolutely loves doing all the little activities in those learning books you get from Walmart. Things like having to count the bugs and circle which pile has more, practicing her alphabet, and finding which picture is different. She calls it her school and will sit at the table and tell me that she is doing her homework. :) I hope she loves school as much as I think she is going to.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Tyler looks even more grown up!! I will take boy clothes, just get one of those flat rate boxes and shove as much as you can inside. Do you want me to save them when I'm done? We're thinking he's going to be Grant Michael.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

Tyler is so adorable! I want to play with your kids! You should teach Emily to write "Whitney", that would be a great learning experience, and since I'm her favorite...