Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Potty Training
I had a picture of Tyler sitting on the toilet for the first time reading a book while he waited, but I deleted it from my camera, the nice mom I am. He'll be grateful for it when he's older. :) But...anyway we are halfway trying to potty train Tyler. He doesn't yet ask to go, but every time I've sat him on the toilet so far he's gone. He gets one M&M for trying, two for going #1 and five for going #2. I don't think it's going to be as easy to do as it was with Emily. When I potty trained her I just stuck her in underwear and we went for it. I don't think Tyler is quite ready for that so we'll just stick with me putting him on the toilet when I remember. Hopefully soon he'll start asking me to go potty and then we'll think about getting him some underwear. I'm looking forward to the day when I have only Owen in diapers. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I have at least two more years of diapers...oy! Good luck with the potty training.
is it okay if I send McKenzie to you house? I can't get her to go on the potty she will be 3 in Febuary!!! She will tell me that she pooped after she did it but not vefore and won't go on the potty!!! I would just like to be out of the diaper thing!!!
We used M&Ms to potty train abby too. It worked pretty well, except I started rewarding myself with M&Ms too. I got a handful whenever I went. :)
Good Luck!! Ella sits on the toilet for all of 5 seconds, then proclaims "all done." Not an ounce of anything has made it into the toilet. I'll tackle it after our Thanksgiving trip to Oklahoma.
gross! Only mom's would blog about their children's bowel movements! I was privvy to Ella's bowel movements this weekend. Travis put her down for a nap in my room and she promptly made it stinky! Of course Travis threatened to hide the diaper somewhere in my car for the trip back to IL!
Post a Comment