Monday, April 20, 2009

Moab--This is going to be a long one.

These are very out of order, but it's too hard to try and get this many pictures in order, so deal with it. :P This is the only major damage done to the Jeep. Kevin is lucky because that part will be getting replaced eventually anyway.
The sun was coming from the wrong direction...you can see the pictures, just not the kids very well.

"The Crack" Pretty obvious as to why it is named that.


This is one of Kevin's favorite pictures. It looks broken, but that is what it is supposed to do.


The Crack...before.

View of the Colorado River.

Moab is in the middle and slightly to the right. All the red dirt in the bottom left is contaminated with uranium and waiting to be shipped off into the desert somewhere. Three morons sitting on the ledge.

I don't remember the name of this one, but it's a fun picture.


White Knuckle Hill...we had quite the audience.

These are out of order...the pictures of the hard part are coming.

See the men holding the Jeep by a strap? That is so it doesn't tip over. Kevin thinks he would have been fine without them, but I disagree. This is supposed to be the hardest obstacle in Moab, so Kevin of course had to take our family car down it. He was so happy to have made it, but the rest of our group decided not to follow, so we had to finish the trail by ourselves.


Maybe I should have tried harder to put them in order....

Coming up to White Knuckle.


Picture Frame Arch. The best part of Moab is the beautiful scenary.

Down some more hard stuff.








Pictures never quite capture the steepness of the hills.



Our group of Jeeps and the fun hill we had just come down.


Just a pretty picture.


Owen can't wait until he is old enough to drive.

All tuckered out. It still amazes me and Kevin that the kids can sleep while we are doing this. It is a very bumpy ride.





It is so much fun trying to get a good picture of all 3 kids at the same time.


The Merrithew Family.

Baby tarantula...we think.

Another gorgeous view.

Bud Dog taking a break.



More kiddos.

Kevin loves this picture, but I wish he were smiling. He apparently thinks he is too cool to smile.



Owen's favorite part was playing with the rocks.


4 comments:

Brianna said...

Looks like you had fun! I am wishing that I could be in that weather right about nowwwwww. I can't believe you're daring enough to do some of those things---I would be in (or out!) of the jeep having a cow!

Marisa said...

looks like fun. I wish we could all get away together instead of 2 different no so "vacations" this year.

Whitney said...

We'll all have to go to Moab together sometime. Dave is totally in for it.

Caitlin said...

LET'S GO TO MOAB!!! Let's just skip Whit's wedding and go when we all come out. Who's down? :)