
Flats of strawberries were on sale this week at the grocery store so I thought I'd try my hand at jam. I thought that using pectin would be too difficult, so I used the preserve recipe that didn't require it. That is on the right. We'll see how it turns out. I decided to suck it up and try the pectin with freezer jam as my mother told me it's the best stuff in the world. She was right. It is very tasty and really easy. I wish I had a bigger freezer so I could go buy more strawberries and turn all of it into freezer jam. Though you can pretty much get strawberries all year long so when the stuff I have is gone...I fully intend on making more. :)

Owen also turned 18 months last week. He had his check up on Monday. He is in the 70th percentile for height and 20th for weight. Tall and skinny he is. :) I wanted a recent picture of him, but he was not cooperating. Look how mad he is. lol
3 comments:
Have you noticed Owen always looks made in pictures? I think he hates the shirt he's wearing.
I was gonna try making Strawberry jam this year too, hopefully it will turn out good too! :)
Strawberry freezer jam is my absolute FAVORITE! I'm actually making some tonight!!!
Post a Comment