Sunday, December 5, 2010

Emily's "New" Room and Sleepwalking

 We've had the paint for her room for a few months and just haven't gotten around to doing it.  I wanted her furniture white (it was pink), so we changed the color of her room a bit.

 I don't know if you can tell, but the bottom part is just the slightest bit pink.  She also wanted the bed under the window...apparently that is cool.  Though, not being used to having space on both sides of her bed, she fell off her bed on the first night.
Owen and dad chilling and watching TV.

We also had a pretty frightening night last night.  We put the kids to bed as usual and were watching a movie when probably a little over an hour after they went to bed Tyler came walking out of his room, which is normal.  The kid always comes out and uses the bathroom not too long after going to bed, but this time he bypassed the bed and just kept walking and stood there.  We asked him if he needed the bathroom and he didn't really respond.  We kept talking to him and he kept not talking back except for an occasional yes.  Kevin put him on his lap and he was acting so strange.  He was fidgeting weird, like he couldn't control his movements and it almost looked like he was having or had had a stroke or something. 

Kevin's first thought was that he was sleepwalking, but I'd never heard of people acting the way he was so we were kind of worried.  Eventually he started acting like himself, I searched the internet and we concluded that he had indeed just been sleepwalking.  We aren't really sure the exact moment that he finally woke up.  Looks like we'll have to make sure the house is clean at bedtime so he doesn't walk around and trip on something.  Hopefully it was a one time thing and it will never happen again.

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

When did Owen stop looking like a baby and turn into a little boy?? I LOVE his leg crossed the way it is! And scary sleepwalking... I think he got it from Shelby. :)

Marisa said...

Who is the poster of in Emily's room? It looks really cute, the room, not the poster.

Whitney said...

I used to sleepwalk...or I was told I did. Apparently I tried to pee in a closet at a sleepover. And, I woke up on the garage stairs one morning.

Whitney said...

P.S. My vote is that it's Carrie Underwood.

Shelby said...

It is Carrie Underwood, and I woke up naked in the living room once. Also, Genevieve says I sleep talk every night. Just like old times, huh Cakes?

Whitney said...

Dave says I talk in my sleep a lot, too. We have full conversations I don't remember in the morning. Shelby, let's have a sleepover at Christmas, OK? Which Jane Austen movies should I bring?

Ashley said...

I don't remember you ever talking Whitney and we shared a room for a really long time. Apparently he gets it from you guys. Thanks a lot. :P