Friday, June 13, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

I recently bought a little set of bases to set out in the grass so I can start teaching Emily the concept of softball. We got them out last night and were playing. Right now she just has a plastic bat and balls, but when she connects with the ball it flies. I think we might have a little softball player on our hands. :) The throwing thing isn't so good, but it is hard to get those light wiffle balls to fly where you want them too. I guess it's time to buy her a glove and softball and start playing catch. I'm so excited!

Tyler thought the best part was just running around the bases over and over again, even when Emily was at home plate trying to hit the ball. I'll have to take some pictures next time because she is just so darn cute.

2 comments:

lincolnHabels said...

Wow, a little athlete. You were good a good softball player too; it must be genetic.
I wanted to throw Nate a 30th party, but he refused. Party-pooper.

Marisa said...

We thought Brady had it all figured out through the many practice games we had at home in the backyard. Then his first game, he forgets to run to first, then bypasses the player on 2nd then when ushered home, he took a little detour to the pitching mound. It was quite the site to see.